What is Win32/Kryptik.HDFF infection?
In this article you will certainly find concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HDFF and its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.HDFF infection will advise its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (5 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the papers found on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.HDFF are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user winding up on a resource that organizes a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s PC or avoid the tool from functioning in an appropriate way – while also placing a ransom money note that points out the need for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the initial condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.HDFF circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.HDFF expands by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary relying on specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful web content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.HDFF popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated kid pornography or various other illegal information on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.HDFF popup alert might falsely claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8E8D6A27md5: d8f51ff0660f67b2d0354209197171b1name: 88888.pngsha1: 5f50b55e5139867989db081d1cfcb5c41e879859sha256: ea895a891f28f083940ba31a7dd5c3b117a4e7d515fb917f1e93f897c965acdasha512: 893fe50da1ec15199dcbf846bf9ed6e0b716c7509b832fc113ac8bc6c470995ab0c8b9b3663cdfa8c3aef9b62f7f84955e5ebe56a0cc56d091fdb7b36d32d451ssdeep: 12288:9cRZj2aHXHnoXFHMXK8Sihw0RbD/tNMr/n:sNtHe+VStype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 1997-2017 Simon Tatham.InternalName: PuTTYgenFileVersion: Release 0.68CompanyName: Simon TathamProductName: PuTTY suiteProductVersion: Release 0.68FileDescription: PuTTY SSH key generation utilityOriginalFilename: PuTTYgenTranslation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.HDFF also known as:
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HDFF|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HDFF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HDFF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HDFF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)