What is Win32/Kryptik.GREI infection?
In this short article you will find about the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GREI and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GREI virus will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Kyrgyz;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable System Restore. System Restore function – allows you to revert the computer’s state (system files, applications, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover after a virus attack.
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers situated on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.GREI Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a source that hosts a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or avoid the gadget from operating in a proper manner – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that states the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GREI distribution channels.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GREI grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending upon certain regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GREI popup alert may falsely declare to be originating from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located youngster porn or other unlawful data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.GREI popup alert might falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated child porn or various other unlawful information on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: C471AFEEmd5: d1a3c84aa9aca15542d2da13b47f9dd4name: D1A3C84AA9ACA15542D2DA13B47F9DD4.mlwsha1: 3fd23408dfc96fc3cfce87c37ff3f4a72d8780a5sha256: 25296ff722a6e8251f58c9007596cb55ece1b62bf191219a526ff15b17828ce3sha512: 286d01d0d7de2f52bb11106ed3c0d3670b3cf2d1bb5d84d44ed48662973e784807eedb85ec6b9eca8a1399af5c9694a1ab852c6dd93a836af344822a891dbbf9ssdeep: 3072:fng3MD3O1q4CV2QJssLFffLD0boEDp/6JJNrURcreANyxqzC:foMK1N1sRfP0cEtELU6VAxptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GREI also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GREI|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/GandCrab-G|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GREI ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GREI files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GREI you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)