What is Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 infection?
In this short article you will locate about the meaning of Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 and its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the instances, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 ransomware will advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Attempts to modify Internet Explorer’s start page;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Attempts to disable System Restore. System Restore function – allows you to revert the computer’s state (system files, applications, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover after a virus attack.
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Attempts to modify UAC prompt behavior;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify user notification settings;
- Ciphering the papers situated on the target’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels through which Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from functioning in a correct way – while also putting a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In many instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending upon particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 popup alert might falsely claim to be originating from a police institution as well as will report having situated child porn or various other unlawful data on the device.
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 popup alert might incorrectly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child porn or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B1C36106md5: 7e1d61cec03a7705d370884dbcc4e5d5name: 7E1D61CEC03A7705D370884DBCC4E5D5.mlwsha1: 99cc263e3ada58b6ef4b90c0a67e52daa4d6dad2sha256: f18c0fcc2250f6ef324f1283ea517cd2f60369b49dfd542d941809f111a2b506sha512: 90b3d14a10812c55d40e1acaff9857256ba3b21641ffd6a6b39522d45bb67dfd047dd8fc20667c839069f8e6f0b8aec1d12597c6c2b27f2bf834bd398b3ad21cssdeep: 3072:yzFfHgTWmCRkGbKGLeNTBfmD0BoO446D0oBdogHauqJV:w5aWbksiNTBurO4TD0oBdfHD8type: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: x6eafx6c50x6f6eInternalName: x6eafx6c50x6f6eFileVersion: 0.0.0.0CompanyName: x6eafx6c50x6f6ePrivateBuild: x6eafx6c50x6f6eLegalTrademarks: x6eafx6c50x6f6eComments: x6eafx6c50x6f6eProductName: x6eafx6c50x6f6eSpecialBuild: x6eafx6c50x6f6eProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: x6eafx6c50x6f6eOriginalFilename: x6eafx6c50x6f6eTranslation: 0x0000 0x04e4
Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005622641 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005622641 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CF1 you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/