What is Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ infection?
In this post you will discover about the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ and also its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ infection will instruct its victims to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Crashed cuckoomon during analysis. Report this error to the Github repo.;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most normal networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of customer ending up on a resource that hosts a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the device from functioning in a correct way – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ distribution channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ popup alert might wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 693F0901md5: df22579dcfd24a2785458ad0c5a6000dname: DF22579DCFD24A2785458AD0C5A6000D.mlwsha1: 3b8a0f7d3e732c98cb8443279d676d885f06bd7esha256: 38fa0fc6bee524ab68ef029f07fc2ffcad3dbc90e45cd7d1065af424d9625ee0sha512: e7df38ebfabdb4b582ef81af054f537b8d63513922f28ccad2eb118afb9e10970f6cf55d41e980455ee72869b4b39ae6750194972d057ec3647607417f8e4d99ssdeep: 6144:avy2eFAZ1eURKf1ua5jgaKO4Cz2AzTkepeUXtv9fKfu5:lXAZsURKca5jgyzT3kwl9feItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 brc igInternalName: OphyckrFileVersion: 1.527CompanyName: Nstirmy obpkvtl nn aqoavrmProductName: Zzg spbi yvppxyy ac mzbProductVersion: 1.527FileDescription: Ywirnukz crcnlifOriginalFilename: OphyckrTranslation: 0x0004 0x0009
Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005036521 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005036521 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Ransom-EDF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GMMQ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/