What is Win32/Kryptik.GJGU infection?
In this article you will find about the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GJGU and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GJGU ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Estonian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks through which Win32/Kryptik.GJGU Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or prevent the tool from operating in a correct fashion – while also positioning a ransom note that states the need for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GJGU circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GJGU expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending upon specific regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The sharp after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited web content.
In nations where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GJGU popup alert might falsely declare to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GJGU popup alert may falsely claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will likewise contain a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 0F8B3FDAmd5: 12c81c4fb5a5d24419011f237f6cb459name: 12C81C4FB5A5D24419011F237F6CB459.mlwsha1: 944c46aa3e54a6c0f538694feeb86e2aa7e0b634sha256: 68f429330d27aeafd7832d62edfcc7cf175a20dc158a2a17346b625a13e96800sha512: 5fb1bc7bb8329bd83b900a56be6a36e826c5ab531e48e546f36b3d5545a70a09535840bfd931326baa5f9ca55c7776f852c4cb908b7e2ebed8c45c49ef0e34cdssdeep: 3072:KiM6goiymINk+0JiVAvcWP8W2Wu5bgxZvegOvT6xfny:KiMH5yNk+Z1WKgOvT6xatype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, hoslecuhTranslation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.GJGU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053bfbf1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053bfbf1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GJGU|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GJGU ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GJGU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GJGU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)