What is Win32/Kryptik.GGUK infection?
In this article you will certainly discover concerning the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GGUK and its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GGUK ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels where Win32/Kryptik.GGUK Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from working in a proper manner – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that states the demand for the targets to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GGUK distribution networks.
In different corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GGUK expands by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending upon certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GGUK popup alert might wrongly declare to be originating from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located child porn or other illegal information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GGUK popup alert might falsely declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having located child pornography or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: F34E03B3md5: b0bd1306c8787d58a040e6c7e15593a5name: B0BD1306C8787D58A040E6C7E15593A5.mlwsha1: 271abcfe782322c4e9905975ebdd0722bdcc6469sha256: 7f92a6bb5ed0fcae91ce3573ce37b18bebe6966a0fa9fcbe2b7708f84d6d5388sha512: 4dd7e5f993bd8603d956bad7f32a3755b88400493d38ea6140a277c7e661911b52de0bc0d47173ba36b7573f03954c17d37884397037c03a6d3bc4c9c39722f0ssdeep: 3072:Bpulf+0EMzgYtx/GRdXxUCk/MOHlBoFdHUdYGmAMCmPMS:ylZEcGR9kFHnoFdHUdYGFMjPtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GGUK also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GGUK|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-D|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=97)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGUK ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GGUK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGUK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)