What is Win32/Kryptik.GGGN infection?
In this article you will certainly find about the definition of Win32/Kryptik.GGGN and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.GGGN infection will advise its targets to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels through which Win32/Kryptik.GGGN are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the device from operating in a correct way – while also placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GGGN distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GGGN expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited web content.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this method is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GGGN popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GGGN popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: AF455D17md5: da121acad250ee478244013953650792name: DA121ACAD250EE478244013953650792.mlwsha1: c29646759983344c163cb96937d4ee282099480dsha256: bd6e50088e884e6e6041da9aaf7541a3144ba0f98432b04ff11bfbe7eb182ed6sha512: 55821057ab52871cbd0e38051442a655ece7851356c615d72f159d17d7bebc95e0a0a4871672902db065d1daf91602325a454e0143d77e13fbf48b72e330e99fssdeep: 6144:UiJCTNfmtfMAQNoXCDfKNS+DNKHsazw7GRjuqTNe8:UJwtfNJKr+0MAwQp/type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GGGN also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 003e58dd1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 655333331 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Agent-AUL|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GGGN|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGGN virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GGGN files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GGGN you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)