What is Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) infection?
In this post you will discover about the interpretation of Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) and its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the situations, Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) virus will certainly instruct its targets to start funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) Summary
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization. Since VMs share the same disk space so it is expected that they won’t be getting as much space as an application running on
native hardware will have access to.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels through which Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that hosts a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the tool from working in an appropriate manner – while also positioning a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) distribution channels.
In different edges of the world, Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on particular local (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) popup alert might incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police organization as well as will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) popup alert may incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8BD00AEBmd5: bc3d891eee5dbc00c9ec8b1a86b596ccname: BC3D891EEE5DBC00C9EC8B1A86B596CC.mlwsha1: d2f834dca08b5832dd5ca173bfbc4af6feb74ec7sha256: fe4c4b53c7e51816f45f0cd882acc0b1d53c4d1d5e24d0c97ac42dbdb03bcc97sha512: 68d05e12ca427da233d44e5cd31aa96da478fde13b72f447f5dbb35545bae82e8a47339f6f1ac1b6369ca5d14537f9c280dba4163a4ed90c971d061b2951988essdeep: 3072:ornoi6ivLTE3rRpBedfolhNej+X7TLU8cTq3W:coi6ivLTE7RzedfBO2TsWtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright @ 2017Assembly Version: 126.96.36.199InternalName: uWoqxJpq.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: pWXuii IncComments: dGGdZEHrweuEDJFEaQgCProductName: pWXuiiProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: pWXuiiOriginalFilename: uWoqxJpq.exe
Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00507eda1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00507eda1 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/BadCert-Gen|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom.VenusLocker.4 (B) you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)