What is Win32/Kryptik.GDRC infection?
In this article you will certainly find about the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.GDRC and its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GDRC infection will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Attempts to modify user notification settings;
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks through which Win32/Kryptik.GDRC are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or stop the device from working in a correct way – while likewise putting a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the targets to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or recovering the file system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GDRC circulation networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GDRC expands by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending upon certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain regional (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.GDRC popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GDRC popup alert might falsely declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 10767835md5: 31e65d20810162f4c73092b7943168b0name: 31E65D20810162F4C73092B7943168B0.mlwsha1: 0d9d78886e10172f0e128ad5f4ec4cca264ba205sha256: 8f50e14fcca88e76bdba18142d18e79ba50ab5f01840cc0a8a342f656e4f5e2dsha512: e223d72e3a4aec5e7bece10bc0acee85bfa2774f2ab2eb8df90786a6a5bad3a8bcaf2a77ea2f42ca1f827fcb156fd07a54a8a181fce5e9e6c64156f3ce567007ssdeep: 6144:RNmKZC+VhGPUsOg3+E/6MSfG558+F+iT3Hpz8WxqtsH61I:R3zhGPgglIf88+T5gW6b1Itype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GDRC also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GDRC|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=94)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GDRC virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GDRC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GDRC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/