What is Win32/Kryptik.GCCF infection?
In this article you will certainly locate concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCCF as well as its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GCCF infection will advise its sufferers to initiate funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Nymaim malware;
- Zeus P2P (Banking Trojan);
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels where Win32/Kryptik.GCCF Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or avoid the gadget from working in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the initial problem. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GCCF circulation networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCCF expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on particular regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending on specific local (local) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GCCF popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a police institution and will report having situated youngster porn or other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GCCF popup alert may falsely assert to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid porn or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will similarly include a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: B7C91C43md5: e17cb005789b09b58d31f0df137637a5name: E17CB005789B09B58D31F0DF137637A5.mlwsha1: 23e73e3a7e1bc3dfbabf1c0cb3923423181bf561sha256: f8f2348fc774c4d350dfe9657622b575daea3c0b0776f8451ecc05110694f021sha512: 376f21d63c6edf99cebbbbf95eaa953c5e6f960225edea8abe10dc9acd8621b8cf6cc08cdc1f2963034fa6ebd6873cb573984480deecbc38c536ba2383a72ad5ssdeep: 12288:KTOq3sHTNAx53O+c/XEHswN5MWCzV/LTDL4zsZd:KTOTHTk5e+3HxjMWaLHU4Zdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GCCF also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0051b2281 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0051b2281 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCCF|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE – Downloader|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCCF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCCF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCCF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)