What is Win32/Kryptik.ANNF infection?
In this post you will find about the interpretation of Win32/Kryptik.ANNF as well as its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.ANNF ransomware will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Starts servers listening on 0.0.0.0:18790, :0, 127.0.0.1:37750;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates Zeus (Banking Trojan) mutexes;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.ANNF Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the gadget from operating in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that states the requirement for the targets to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.ANNF circulation channels.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.ANNF expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited content.
In nations where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.ANNF popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated child porn or various other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.ANNF popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will report having located child pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise include a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: BD8C468Fmd5: 43e18f9008a19a8aa4550510ae7ba07ename: 43E18F9008A19A8AA4550510AE7BA07E.mlwsha1: 452f5d7b1dc514eb43547eff85f335d50e8e755csha256: 0c574f4e4c5eca0c36da79a21bcdba1f46405d264dc7f556f18f362170875961sha512: 1cc1bd5f14a843803a40647a8ba4d2949a6cf9f3f10bf06877ccc4c3a298aaea0b78077cae98d21c015a53cd2433022d73058067ce4d0c872c3a4fd3ab783ea6ssdeep: 3072:K3aBvcuwFShRUdvqx+w2mtNHaEp95qXWjFni7WdYpwn+oM5tcjrYFp1wk+n07CuS:waySDg8oMsWjFnqWdYLt2YFp1wkfC3Xptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.ANNF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0015e4f11 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0015e4f11 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.ANNF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=95)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.ANNF ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.ANNF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.ANNF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)