Seeing the Win32/Injector.CXIK detection name means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be identified as ransomware – sort of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Win32/Injector.CXIK detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It often shows up after the preliminary procedures on your computer – opening the dubious email messages, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or installing the program from untrustworthy resources. From the second it shows up, you have a short time to take action before it starts its harmful action. And be sure – it is better not to await these harmful effects.
What is Win32/Injector.CXIK virus?
Win32/Injector.CXIK is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disk, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus also does a lot of harm to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to prevent you from reading the elimination articles or downloading the anti-malware program. In some cases, Win32/Injector.CXIK can even stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Win32/Injector.CXIK ransomware actions in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the victim’s drives — so the victim cannot check these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware programs
Ransomware has actually been a headache for the last 4 years. It is difficult to picture a more hazardous virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms utilized in Win32/Injector.CXIK (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these bad things without delay – it can take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the Win32/Injector.CXIK detection is a clear signal that you should begin the clearing process.
Where did I get the Win32/Injector.CXIK?
Typical methods of Win32/Injector.CXIK distribution are usual for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing websites where users are offered to download and install the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a relatively new method in malware spreading – you receive the e-mail that simulates some regular notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions changes. Within the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks quite simple, however, still needs a lot of awareness. Malware can hide in various places, and it is much better to prevent it even before it invades your system than to rely on an anti-malware program. Simple cybersecurity knowledge is just an important item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of time and money which you would certainly spend while searching for a solution.
Win32/Injector.CXIK malware technical details
File Info:name: 0167580CDE5EDA8336B9.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/db10f848763efac5386080ed3426743f42324b1213ba85aac0d074e366021a86crc32: 3B7BD3AFmd5: 0167580cde5eda8336b9649481f63d5asha1: 4a73d4dcfba30cef6ee235b295b774cc979beee5sha256: db10f848763efac5386080ed3426743f42324b1213ba85aac0d074e366021a86sha512: 72807d7eca5489cfff64d9d0d6db9eae700de5e770f44828de93aa135f4ac52856983d0b3999be7a8ccdb44d24967304c94ede3e81e24f1f9cf4a3fbd26a4ad9ssdeep: 49152:AgFI/JrSRZ1agolLAyDZEPYr/r3Xzjq0evJJ1ED7Vi5GwNl/s5JJtYd8RN:AgFIBuda9LAyNPr/r3Djq0exEDoRl/sdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T112D533211BE04126F5F5B7B065E262E25BBD6CF0393CA35F020A90C994727E8AD3579Fsha3_384: 308e45cc73c2328456a01a23a27cf05beea099cf6fdc011e24e00541ea700d106f909540e6adb4e6d31c74e83c218eecep_bytes: e80a000000e97affffffcccccccccc8btimestamp: 2004-08-04 06:01:37
Version Info:CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationFileDescription: Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor FileVersion: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)InternalName: Wextract LegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.OriginalFilename: WEXTRACT.EXE ProductName: Microsoft® Windows® Operating SystemProductVersion: 6.00.2900.2180Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Injector.CXIK also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004efefa1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004efefa1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.CXIK|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/MDrop-GWI|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.CXIK?
Win32/Injector.CXIK malware is very hard to remove manually. It places its documents in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, numerous modifications in the windows registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are fairly hard to identify and change to the original. It is better to use a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for virus removal objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is pretty light-weight and has its detection databases updated nearly every hour. Moreover, it does not have such problems and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for clearing away malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)