What is Win32/Injector.CWMF infection?
In this short article you will find about the meaning of Win32/Injector.CWMF as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the cases, Win32/Injector.CWMF ransomware will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects Bitdefender Antivirus through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Enumerates services, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Exhibits behavior characteristics of BetaBot / Neurevt malware;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a device;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a device;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable browser security warnings;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels through which Win32/Injector.CWMF Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a resource that hosts a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or prevent the device from operating in a proper fashion – while also putting a ransom note that states the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Injector.CWMF circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Injector.CWMF expands by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending upon particular regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular local (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/Injector.CWMF popup alert may incorrectly declare to be originating from a police organization and also will certainly report having located child pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Injector.CWMF popup alert might falsely assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8BDF27F3md5: d8b3ef8a58610415356263a5379029d1name: D8B3EF8A58610415356263A5379029D1.mlwsha1: d6e178c6597baa2edf715aa5bf571874da272107sha256: 9c1cf2dc5a9aabf4a04231edfa04df841ae71b21f376656611b9a31a239fbeebsha512: f0e5f1ab4d34d2a91ed7554da38b8e6d3b75d2bf9b1999cb781e7fbcca6166dee41dd772e6d19645d5a17d33ddfb81eada8b5f3b52b053247f5ce7dabab01194ssdeep: 6144:jnw3jNjNn0AqE33wRzwfiNhlstt1o95PIDzGT6M:jnw33n0mwpwfwHPyCBtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0InternalName: NEOwzcuFileVersion: 1.00.0193CompanyName: flasH LegalTrademarks: The DePuy Synthes Companies deliver innovative medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience that help patients live full lives.Comments: The DePuy Synthes Companies deliver innovative medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience that help patients live full lives.ProductName: GEtewghduProductVersion: 1.00.0193FileDescription: The DePuy Synthes Companies deliver innovative medical devices and solutions in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience that help patients live full lives.OriginalFilename: NEOwzcu.exe
Win32/Injector.CWMF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3ef1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.CWMF|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Injector.CWMF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Injector.CWMF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Injector.CWMF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)