Spectating the Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO detection name means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some specific steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your system. It often appears after the preliminary actions on your PC – opening the untrustworthy email, clicking the banner in the Web or installing the program from suspicious resources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to take action until it begins its malicious action. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these harmful things.
What is Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO virus?
Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk drives, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this malware additionally does a ton of harm to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to prevent you from checking out the removal manuals or downloading the anti-malware program. In some cases, Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO can also prevent the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO virus activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Rhaeto (Romance);
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- CAPE detected the Tofsee malware family;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files kept on the target’s disk drives — so the victim cannot check these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is difficult to realize a more harmful virus for both individuals and organizations. The algorithms utilized in Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these terrible things instantly – it may require up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Therefore, seeing the Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO detection is a clear signal that you have to start the elimination process.
Where did I get the Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO?
Usual ways of Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO spreading are basic for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a pretty modern strategy in malware spreading – you receive the email that imitates some standard notifications about shipments or bank service conditions updates. Inside of the e-mail, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a web link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Avoiding it looks pretty uncomplicated, however, still needs a lot of focus. Malware can hide in various places, and it is far better to prevent it even before it invades your system than to depend on an anti-malware program. Common cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential thing in the modern-day world, even if your interaction with a PC remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of money and time which you would certainly spend while trying to find a solution.
Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO malware technical details
File Info:name: B194C62AD908070FBBEC.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/4e4048c7a4f5b90b81b9eb83fb2525d12a9733d7c1a9e8283755dd52772daf7acrc32: 5ECEF809md5: b194c62ad908070fbbec5c646819eb28sha1: 7eb2ede7504bd405837dabba1e1886ffeefebf96sha256: 4e4048c7a4f5b90b81b9eb83fb2525d12a9733d7c1a9e8283755dd52772daf7asha512: 917df717d2fbe01551458e1d40331826ef1c6c8121f26a2f7ac679fd8b3c3ffc60a5a03c9631a88510efe2675ed505ecf660bb096523749ea6409bd1eaf2638cssdeep: 24576:xIkNL06QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQM:xIktype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T152C6A600FAE8941BE3A66D35583D86A6163AFCCBE92413CA35543F1FBC326545A58F33sha3_384: 83c1df7f3f7325d6a7f140e0d56d982e252e913ee49266d37511c7b808764df4e63a4124ba6301d7c04b4e213ecb206bep_bytes: e8d4540000e979feffff8bff558bec51timestamp: 2021-10-19 00:14:07
Version Info:Translations: 0x0543 0x007e
Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO also known as:
|Trojan ( 0059ac471 )
|malicious (high confidence)
|a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO
|ML/PE-A + Troj/Krypt-QV
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|Malicious (score: 100)
|[email protected] (RDML:tVnih8Mm8V5taM1QYblC5Q)
How to remove Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO?
Win32/GenKryptik.GCGO malware is very difficult to eliminate manually. It stores its data in several places throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the elements. Additionally, a number of changes in the registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are fairly hard to discover and change to the original. It is much better to make use of a special program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the most ideal for malware removal goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really light-weight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such bugs and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these details makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for eliminating malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)