What is Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the definition of Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC as well as its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC virus will advise its targets to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- The sample wrote data to the system hosts file.;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the victim’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels where Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC Ransomware are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that hosts a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or protect against the device from operating in a proper manner – while likewise positioning a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC circulation networks.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC expands by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ relying on particular local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated child porn or various other illegal information on the gadget.
Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC popup alert may falsely claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and will report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: AA30BD2Fmd5: 068082355ea6c432c0773a43696180acname: 068082355EA6C432C0773A43696180AC.mlwsha1: bf7348373b51748e141ff8ebc9cf43ff169e2973sha256: 129264dc4a2060710aafef169d4fb773f99f6fa7588e206591d55d69617e96fdsha512: 724a82b03234ddb4012123d5c7515ab4317e0aab0c93ffebd1495507422d7ebcc3604d12543819ef9461e9a94841cbe5a8948f29184ed8c40f2d2d68dcab2c76ssdeep: 12288:FULseURsOqw5e78mVSRdCJNlPyy2EENvrs9qxElqGtF2IsOCrDXjCbmbUnsd:leURg7V8iDGoaElqGWXTCq2Mtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 126.96.36.199ProductVersus: 188.8.131.52Translations: 0x0585 0x036f
Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Hacktool ( 700007861 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/GenKryptik.FFZC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)