What is Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover regarding the definition of Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB as well as its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB infection will certainly advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the victim’s disk drive — so the target can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks through which Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the tool from functioning in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB distribution networks.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 6B39CB91md5: adbc95948f76c7c2709db4a2cd7f4edename: ADBC95948F76C7C2709DB4A2CD7F4EDE.mlwsha1: 38c5f54990756bde7dd46e63d3d392d4ce9508b8sha256: dc23a1fe5dfb0ecffb1761c08d00aa38e76a18d3c03d79394238ddb0aec2ac59sha512: f6d2df8ccbf45ae50fdf627a569f8518a87f5132abbb9c1a5e6902e00f19e3e742f3b4d314cd42cf4fa5b92a6f72ad8dff84fe7c05b7f450bb4997b4464ae054ssdeep: 6144:uNovOv0vbV22O3bZFv/Zf+TpMGdI1NpsLjD5GQXJGZZHC6p0p:PU0vbVWFv5ipMLLaX4ZZi/type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2006-2012InternalName: Urbangyut 3FileVersion: 3, 5, 3, 0CompanyName: Urbangyut ProjectComments: Version 3.5.3ProductName: UrbangyutProductVersion: 3, 5, 3, 0FileDescription: Urbangyut FTP ClientOriginalFilename: urbangyut.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/GenKryptik.BGYB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)