Seeing the Win32/GenCBL.SJ detection means that your PC is in big danger. This computer virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – virus which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Win32/GenCBL.SJ detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your system. It usually shows up after the provoking actions on your computer – opening the suspicious email messages, clicking the banner in the Web or setting up the program from unreliable sources. From the instance it shows up, you have a short time to act until it begins its harmful action. And be sure – it is much better not to await these malicious actions.
What is Win32/GenCBL.SJ virus?
Win32/GenCBL.SJ is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disks, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this virus additionally does a lot of harm to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to avoid you from checking out the elimination guidelines or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Win32/GenCBL.SJ can also block the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, Win32/GenCBL.SJ malware activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Sample contains Overlay data;
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Encrypting the files located on the victim’s drives — so the victim cannot open these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware programs
Ransomware has been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is hard to realize a more dangerous malware for both individuals and businesses. The algorithms used in Win32/GenCBL.SJ (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these bad things instantly – it can take up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Hence, seeing the Win32/GenCBL.SJ detection is a clear signal that you should start the elimination process.
Where did I get the Win32/GenCBL.SJ?
Typical methods of Win32/GenCBL.SJ spreading are typical for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download and install the free app, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a pretty new strategy in malware spreading – you receive the e-mail that mimics some routine notifications about shippings or bank service conditions modifications. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing site.
Avoiding it looks fairly simple, however, still needs a lot of attention. Malware can hide in various places, and it is much better to prevent it even before it gets into your system than to trust in an anti-malware program. Common cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of time and money which you would spend while looking for a solution.
Win32/GenCBL.SJ malware technical details
File Info:name: 0EB4CF0101B0269B17A8.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/e28b4b0752b3331e521adbbf7ae7c0d5a5f7fafb22eaad700e8e16502c567cf9crc32: 0FD0ECD9md5: 0eb4cf0101b0269b17a88e13b9cb9689sha1: 541bdbe6de9251dc5d74b3b157b397af54419664sha256: e28b4b0752b3331e521adbbf7ae7c0d5a5f7fafb22eaad700e8e16502c567cf9sha512: cd9ed987662104432655e35a4e43acf217908af8429be444649dce75412a552728d5c2066dcdb216f3270656b4ca861a2482a68666ab761d4a2fbdd76628d833ssdeep: 196608:J2BKCXOvdGtZz0SEIyV7qvklV4GHCHcid7Q9oGag1nWApPc:JHysUtV1EIUfTHCcoTg1nWAp0type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T123A622C55D301D8AD3D11A3AFD5D86143AFE0E4AB028429F86723C33FABF487A15D9A5sha3_384: a888a7e64e4a890fa360f432a0b6cd1e4e8889107b1e6d5e74c2880d53afa705596ac4a94db60c8a5341052bdf0d7918ep_bytes: 6801a0f200e801000000c3c37d7c44b6timestamp: 2020-12-18 07:55:07
Version Info:CompanyName: Relk InstallFileDescription: Relk InstallFileVersion: 22.214.171.124InternalName: Relk InstallLegalCopyright: Relk Install(c). Copyrighted 2020OriginalFilename: RelkI.exeProductName: Relk InstallProductVersion: 126.96.36.199Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/GenCBL.SJ also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057589c1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057589c1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/GenCBL.SJ|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDML:t2/4a5KwV0HW/iQdHKVkzQ)|
|Sophos||Generic Reputation PUA (PUA)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Win32/GenCBL.SJ?
Win32/GenCBL.SJ malware is extremely difficult to erase manually. It puts its data in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the elements. In addition, various alterations in the registry, networking settings and Group Policies are quite hard to find and return to the initial. It is better to utilize a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for malware elimination objectives.
Remove Win32/GenCBL.SJ with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Win32/GenCBL.SJ as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Win32/GenCBL.SJ” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Win32/GenCBL.SJ and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)