What is Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the interpretation of Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A infection will instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s tool.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Clears Windows events or logs;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers found on the target’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks whereby Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or prevent the tool from operating in a correct way – while additionally placing a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A grows by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may vary relying on specific regional (local) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific local (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget.
Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a regulation enforcement organization and will report having situated youngster porn or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: ECB105CEmd5: b49ff6277b5d2be66b2f6137a2569f1cname: B49FF6277B5D2BE66B2F6137A2569F1C.mlwsha1: 6dd8e1f35fc06c867a2e8635d139bb6b4bb873a8sha256: 706751775c94945a2c02bf0d6a7a6f76073f1eae1d120dce1dce66da6ab3ba50sha512: 7f989d6cde0f1d045eb9a264af58868eb3a4718822f4c7076b685b3a16e826306a1a9e1f5b06d8916cfd430d76f5efb8f4c6fc3fc6b597e6e976d012f92751a8ssdeep: 6144:lECtErs8tgErZjME96rk4WopQ1O7/6OSONLw:uoEs8NZjT96g0pQgrA2wtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00527a2e1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00527a2e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=96)|
How to remove Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Filecoder.Saturn.A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)