What is VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the definition of VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY and its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY virus will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Starts servers listening on 0.0.0.0:20695, :0;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates Zeus (Banking Trojan) mutexes;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Clears web history;
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most normal networks through which VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or avoid the tool from functioning in a proper manner – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the victims to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the world, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY grows by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary relying on particular neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child pornography or various other prohibited information on the device.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY popup alert may falsely declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated youngster porn or other unlawful information on the device. The alert will likewise contain a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E37BDDF4md5: 24f70e41e5b2db65f6a6fd271d0bc236name: 24F70E41E5B2DB65F6A6FD271D0BC236.mlwsha1: ba432c03d767aad35c5d51b5cd8bd339e4cbe2b3sha256: e9b2f1aadf94beb0f23b9aa69f1cee1507e0a0cabbc08b99ede446b7f457c062sha512: bf86a31ea4f31885b591fa85ddf9ebd2a663881c74786a79ff9ac8a2e97dd3ef015e8cf901e278558f1a3b17b362358f0bc7f355cc1b7592401d690e0203c4ddssdeep: 6144:IMFmthPnvLNSuFM+BZzUFA9RtRd8YYxngs2b4zhjPeAPp3hvS:I3hPTNSuFbygzd8YY8yjPNPGtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: MSRATINGFileVersion: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoftxae Windowsxae Operating SystemOleSelfRegister: ProductVersion: 6.00.2600.0000FileDescription: Internet Ratings and Local User Management DLLOriginalFilename: MSRATING.DLLTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 000287dc1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 000287dc1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.AJGE|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Zbot-IV|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.ACY you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)