What is VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover concerning the meaning of VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO and also its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the instances, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more use the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels whereby VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or stop the gadget from working in a proper way – while also placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the victims to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the first condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO circulation networks.
In various corners of the globe, VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending upon particular regional (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Additionally, the VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will report having located youngster pornography or various other unlawful data on the device.
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO popup alert may incorrectly assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E95C1133md5: e2ff13d5727736c689d201337842d27dname: E2FF13D5727736C689D201337842D27D.mlwsha1: 248ba233ef9625b81dca60ed65ffca1aff44212bsha256: 806eee300c1d2cb27c25002737cad9a12cd37834bb0828f03c47f717bd964209sha512: 05959fa33c3ea7e804a530176e659e2e42bc00abb32049d02180a717f9ebab52ec5b49c499bfc9aaab4ecaf2cd186a347da46aeb6cfea74e66cac65572a02a9cssdeep: 3072:eFaWldI5Cs6m8x3DV1IOB2Am0Qt8t/Ak/UVuWSerT8TBFhu58J63lUQ6hGNYfo5v:zgz1tv/mtU/H/Nje4T5uKJAUQ6wNd/N5type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2003-2012 - NeoSmart TechnologiesInternalName: sstp srvFileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: NeoSmart TechnologiesProductName: SSTP Localization ServiceProductVersion: 188.8.131.52FileDescription: SSTP Localization ServiceOriginalFilename: sstp srvTranslation: 0x0009 0x04b0
VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.ARLQ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Ransom-AL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.AAO you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)