What is VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent infection?
In this post you will certainly discover regarding the meaning of VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent and also its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent virus will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Spoofs its process name and/or associated pathname to appear as a legitimate process;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks whereby VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or protect against the tool from operating in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal content.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent popup alert might wrongly declare to be stemming from a police institution and will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited information on the device.
VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent popup alert may incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and will report having located child porn or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way contain a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 2CC3C32Bmd5: dec3eb5c3db86ecbad95d50fea19adc1name: DEC3EB5C3DB86ECBAD95D50FEA19ADC1.mlwsha1: 0694f8da55bedb4f0e036341eb123f92fdd77e34sha256: cbbc7052fed8d0002d07736a68219f01a5a4e1c19ee50310e2381e96fa8836edsha512: bfecceb6a608b814ccc9c5fa7e696314c35bddde1e5aba6b87b7cfe1ed8b14add0b3e0e52b7d503e37cdfac3a73fcd761f204e2f56446720e98fded2ec01410fssdeep: 768:YSbBh8w2fxASeNwIXJSjqY1m5mFm7m6IcHqXyedKXS3eKHxiyiV1goxBA:NXMmBJS2H5mFePIHysKXueiiV1mtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005795061 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005795061 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Filecoder.DarkSide.B|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)