What is VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate about the definition of VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent and its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the cases, VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent infection will certainly instruct its targets to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (4 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the data. This is the typical behavior of malware known as ransomware that encrypts a victim’s files. The cybercriminal then demands a ransom from the victim to restore access to the data upon payment.
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels through which VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that organizes a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the device from working in an appropriate way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular local (regional) settings. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific regional (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated child porn or other prohibited data on the gadget.
VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent popup alert may wrongly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 81D43E76md5: 6039e8acd82999385fc620c216af28e7name: 6039E8ACD82999385FC620C216AF28E7.mlwsha1: 4f3277890d76393f5c8531f752b0c1b9a6768463sha256: c33e4fa0a91cc9eddba2496a471e6b24cf226dbe69a1d380abdc397b79c34826sha512: ca0136e6ee05190ed75dc87fc90c656b601a298f67e9ba450ec3fe8653ddaf2c7c71dec487284f9938fb55ee19c209bd0f69f84f30c6767840dad01c2059d852ssdeep: 12288:fb7HyZ9nu6ZozajHudQsMtXJcfmSi5QLqQAKPpWaSOBE4Rxm/1w5XiIiE9z:XyZ9czaydQ/dufiQrAOdBE4Rgw5XZ9ztype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:FileVersus: 188.8.131.52ProductVersus: 184.108.40.206Translations: 0x0585 0x02a7
VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove VHO:Backdoor.Win32.Agent you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)