Seeing the VBS/Kryptik.OW detection usually means that your computer is in big danger. This virus can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some peculiar steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
VBS/Kryptik.OW detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It generally appears after the preliminary activities on your PC – opening the suspicious email, clicking the banner in the Internet or mounting the program from unreliable sources. From the second it shows up, you have a short time to act before it starts its malicious activity. And be sure – it is far better not to wait for these destructive things.
What is VBS/Kryptik.OW virus?
VBS/Kryptik.OW is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your computer, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this virus also does a ton of damage to your system. It alters the networking settings in order to prevent you from looking for the removal tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. In some cases, VBS/Kryptik.OW can additionally stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
In summary, VBS/Kryptik.OW ransomware activities in the infected system are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Anomalous file deletion behavior detected (10+);
- Guard pages use detected – possible anti-debugging.;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- A process created a hidden window;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Created a process from a suspicious location;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- A script process created a new process;
- A script process initiated network activity;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Installs WinPCAP;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the target’s disk — so the victim cannot use these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus apps
Ransomware has actually been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to realize a more harmful virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms used in VBS/Kryptik.OW (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these bad things instantly – it may take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Therefore, seeing the VBS/Kryptik.OW detection is a clear signal that you have to start the elimination process.
Where did I get the VBS/Kryptik.OW?
Usual ways of VBS/Kryptik.OW distribution are typical for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download the free app, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively modern method in malware spreading – you get the email that imitates some routine notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions changes. Inside of the e-mail, there is an infected MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing page.
Avoiding it looks quite easy, but still demands a lot of attention. Malware can hide in different places, and it is much better to prevent it even before it goes into your computer than to trust in an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity awareness is just an essential thing in the modern world, even if your interaction with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That may save you a great deal of money and time which you would certainly spend while looking for a solution.
VBS/Kryptik.OW malware technical details
File Info:name: 771D22E290385478F9A4.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/5ffd665c62d95226bbb5dde647b3d9d42c37d82bb6569eb0cad0fe7034aaaabecrc32: 2536EB07md5: 771d22e290385478f9a40feef0d6f1bbsha1: e6e0901e2595dd1f6ce3aab63dbdf78214340ae3sha256: 5ffd665c62d95226bbb5dde647b3d9d42c37d82bb6569eb0cad0fe7034aaaabesha512: 57d4b7013573913bcb0e84eb15bc2865890bd1cb21110d5029f1ccf95bb0d32658ba2bd2b478bd4e26296e6027a7971b66813d962351f8fbb318efc407868069ssdeep: 24576:x/uivSN7Mldlah8EWMz2JbTy8X7qtOr2xaBl/5eykHLRb9b0:xbYYYFWMiLrCOr2xoheykHF2type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T15C252325F5C0C532E01216BCAC07D5A5693EEA341E79219A73CE459C9D3738B2B683FBsha3_384: 9ae5181f66562b611b31ef5b46c7795a26935879a3bdaaf95b364d5751b2ff40e74b7acfeea41f1ef0bcc25b31d52252ep_bytes: 558bec83c4f0b89c9a4100e8b8abfefftimestamp: 1992-06-19 22:22:17
Version Info:Comments: CompanyName: Riverbed Technology, Inc. FileDescription: WinPcap 4.1.3 188.8.131.5280 Installation FileVersion: 184.108.40.20680 LegalCopyright: Riverbed Technology, Inc. Translation: 0x0409 0x04e4
VBS/Kryptik.OW also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004fe0931 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004fe0931 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove VBS/Kryptik.OW?
VBS/Kryptik.OW malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate manually. It puts its data in numerous places throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, countless alterations in the windows registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are really hard to discover and revert to the initial. It is much better to make use of a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the most ideal for malware removal goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Moreover, it does not have such problems and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for removing malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)