What is UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda infection?
In this post you will certainly discover about the interpretation of UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda as well as its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the instances, UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda infection will certainly instruct its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks through which UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of user ending up on a source that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or prevent the tool from operating in a proper way – while likewise positioning a ransom note that discusses the demand for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda circulation networks.
In various edges of the globe, UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary relying on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s device. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated child pornography or various other illegal information on the gadget.
UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: AA47DC74md5: db99c8c55358345ee4bd5e32b6c14818name: DB99C8C55358345EE4BD5E32B6C14818.mlwsha1: 033d494400f75c75b27e8352371d6b87a4aaa4a3sha256: cbd96c5b3d6f320b8c87fd6a184d632425f0679ea9bd96182f731c7e1dbcde0bsha512: 6b8f5e3ccc8d2fa935a1f6f7b6e253c630c7e4f8727f83eb7c6cd3e8260ca38c1dbbaaebadc2b1bf25cb40cfaadd276840a0e2398509843bfab39adcc615fb34ssdeep: 3072:GJRLu9W4a7Jr9xOzf8M7eulnemumRDG24E4pDyHBPugf60j:GnkW4E9+rF7zlnemuBHEQKm6type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005190011 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056e94e1 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove UDS:Trojan-Spy.Win32.Panda you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)