What is Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB infection?
In this post you will locate regarding the meaning of Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB and also its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB virus will certainly instruct its victims to start funds move for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Queries information on disks for anti-virtualization via Device Information APIs;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Clears web history;
- Ciphering the files found on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks whereby Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the gadget from working in a correct way – while additionally positioning a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the victims to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB popup alert might wrongly declare to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB popup alert might incorrectly assert to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited information on the device. The alert will likewise include a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 6F7D4810md5: d1c3612f979734cc254c2b70778eadd9name: 2_hdd.exesha1: 8adfd2aab73fe03b47c5c7960615732f30524499sha256: 6527d9233b849871b40c78a284fb00cb98f9e82d8def22fbf454ca95b3e8211csha512: bad8835e427a8bb1615babcf45aed4f81e338172ebac4884f7e1277ca34a82adb3ec02451ad1a2e1cbe2d716d1c823782f91f84fa2fc2919a13e14127be28116ssdeep: 12288:/Alwxmf99sV9jszr2SlgZOufXV3fKRUAXdSh7dxGkVS3FxDnVI6nZyZJqP+fkha:/A2xmfnuYziSORRKRXdSVjGkVSraq2ftype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: simplix Copyright xc2xa9 2016 All rights reserved.InternalName: KrauseModernCompanyName: simplixProductName: KrauseModernProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: Kun Ecmascriptstringliteralencode Virusesit Lient Mathematical FallacyTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.JQPCQQN|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.A!MTB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)