What is Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB infection?
In this post you will find concerning the interpretation of Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB as well as its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB virus will certainly instruct its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (5 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Forces a created process to be the child of an unrelated process;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization. Since VMs share the same disk space so it is expected that they won’t be getting as much space as an application running on
native hardware will have access to.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the target’s disk drive — so the target can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels whereby Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or stop the gadget from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while also putting a ransom money note that points out the need for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ relying on specific local (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB popup alert might incorrectly declare to be stemming from a police institution and also will report having situated child porn or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having located youngster porn or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: E923309Dmd5: b304a31244e99cc5ef05b19ee446e5c1name: B304A31244E99CC5EF05B19EE446E5C1.mlwsha1: 79d2f34c3ba793b708ad6e7e53a487fcf47cc36bsha256: 05271d858a38fedd7b6bab5badedbe292010dfc1802aa09fb80b4cf301615bb8sha512: 493f86461fc1fc48be278ef33307e832e5210dff3d0c97be26c7bbc793e68397136e5af3f4888941ed795a9210fa460d62162f13dd338119c812777fa1607df8ssdeep: 49152:pAI+ktQowyQ+0HAIHbjStAl+wZ1Bpg1pljq+ahfs16pZWLt5Qly6O:pAI+kby9JjStAl+wZ1B0ljNI063WLt5/type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Company FileDescription: NewProduct 1.00 Installation FileVersion: 1.00 Comments: CompanyName: Company Translation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Hacktool ( 005764fb1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|K7GW||Hacktool ( 005764fb1 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Stealer.KA!MTB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)