What is Trojan:Win32/Kovter infection?
In this article you will certainly locate concerning the meaning of Trojan:Win32/Kovter as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Trojan:Win32/Kovter virus will certainly advise its victims to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (73 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Farsi;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Kovter malware;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which Trojan:Win32/Kovter Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the gadget from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that states the need for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will come up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter distribution networks.
In various edges of the world, Trojan:Win32/Kovter grows by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending upon particular local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Trojan:Win32/Kovter popup alert may incorrectly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having situated child porn or other illegal data on the gadget.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter popup alert may falsely declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: A46E9647md5: 42817b376d2e9cb4a037f94a6ff12666name: 42817B376D2E9CB4A037F94A6FF12666.mlwsha1: 8afeeb4b6fd6e7256963e57085c8e0b4bb584bc8sha256: d585331cf73902613cb67f42a4abbed947272dbbdcaa12586b12a0b421160fdbsha512: 463873713788d5966dc20d82b0899ffca59047a87d8dd5df708a964da60f798739cf02de03e4c2b50aef7f0d49308e38d73317d4c007b5c46d8617662e8b0877ssdeep: 6144:Nya5VWKmoCLdd0F5HkW6EIFrouU7hlFYdn/HpyXwIT:NyawjLnS5bMor9bYFHpyXwMtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0InternalName: DiplomWork3FileVersion: 3.07.0024CompanyName: Flash Game MEC is one of the world's leadingComments: MEC is one of the world's leadingProductName: DiplomWork3ProductVersion: 3.07.0024FileDescription: MEC is one of the world's leadingOriginalFilename: DiplomWork3.exe
Trojan:Win32/Kovter also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|Trojan ( 004c61ee1 )
|Trojan ( 004c61ee1 )
|a variant of Win32/Filecoder.Shade.B
|Malicious (score: 100)
|malware (ai score=82)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Kovter files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)