What is Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I infection?
In this article you will discover about the interpretation of Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I and its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the cases, Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I ransomware will certainly advise its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (146 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most typical channels where Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from operating in an appropriate manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending upon specific local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on specific regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal content.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a police organization and will report having situated kid porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I popup alert might falsely assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will similarly include a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E73E8B3Fmd5: 1d8d40a278cf0437c2d76738e1beaf98name: 1D8D40A278CF0437C2D76738E1BEAF98.mlwsha1: 87a8a8e6f8a3dc357203ed51e468960a284431a2sha256: 618de6ea7c34a83092d90198f6ee88f5c317dcb46d9ea320aec8c5b46ce54824sha512: c500729077c53ec9e60e4a60ab3f56a5760c3016f9302789ad466a1399226f02582ff6da0e2751055b3cb0f066b93c2dc70c064a130975c32bfbbde20005e4cdssdeep: 6144:AylYb0nMtBJ/f11s+J7xmGm0O36kQ2XBKnouECmg/4FhC/4a3KQiK:JlKM69f11s+dxm936k1C9wFhP6gKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 Sonic SolutionsInternalName: PXHPINST.EXEFileVersion: 3.00.97.0CompanyName: Sonic SolutionsFileDescription: PX Install ApplicationOriginalFilename: PXHPINST.EXETranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005732971 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005732971 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-AJFK|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FNBM|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Kovter.I you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/