What is Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn infection?
In this short article you will find about the meaning of Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn as well as its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the situations, Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (475 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- EternalBlue behavior. Allows cyber threat actors to remotely execute arbitrary code and gain access to a network by sending specially crafted packets.
This is has made EternalBlue trick popular with various malware, such as Trickbot, a modular banking trojan, as well as CoinMiner and WannaMine, crypto miners that use the EternalBlue exploit in order to gain access to computing power to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of customer ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the device from working in a correct way – while also placing a ransom note that points out the demand for the targets to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn grows by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending upon specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific regional (regional) settings.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s tool. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a police establishment and will certainly report having situated child porn or various other unlawful information on the tool.
Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn popup alert might falsely claim to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located kid pornography or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will similarly include a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 307906A6md5: 23d365aaa5a9d0deebc8eb3ac1120119name: tmpsbj9328osha1: 144e17a768b5a1643458d02c8b28b65c1ddb8acasha256: 48ce8bff58daa17bebef51d17ed585a764bfa2d6e6b4b780fb6184f8a748fbd9sha512: 626559da128324a80f907631ed36d993916afb26de8a7f4d37c27d805cf1f2d02ff705bf3c16c25e667e20df9560c07c983bc9e9ef27b1274bf30226a558761cssdeep: 49152:znAQqMSPbcBVQej/1INRAQRdhnvxJM0H9PAMEcaEau3R8:TDqPoBhz1aRA0dhvxWa9P593R8type: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Exploit ( 0050d7a31 )|
|K7GW||Exploit ( 0050d7a31 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|SentinelOne||static engine – malicious|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Eqtonex!rfn you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)