What is TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI infection?
In this post you will certainly find regarding the definition of TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI as well as its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the cases, TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI infection will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial binary language: Georgian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Georgian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the records located on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels whereby TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that organizes a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the device from operating in an appropriate fashion – while also placing a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the globe, TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific local (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific regional (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI popup alert might incorrectly declare to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the gadget.
TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI popup alert may wrongly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly have a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 0BBF776Cmd5: 223598d6cc4c556baf2ea2a8bf4e089cname: 223598D6CC4C556BAF2EA2A8BF4E089C.mlwsha1: bc7b8d24bf5cf09a6e95880891a47caa0bf8c31asha256: 62fe7d94f2941a2da9525751af6a61c0c8928db3d2c78c7c5be58d6596a87954sha512: 7369cbb1da4a1e8d705b1d0c81c2a9f89f71dbc700cf081bbcffd89d3334b7f1cae9d0124f00f29500dcd8d5814ea500f3cbb5a1d654d9b40da0e8ad71ee1f9assdeep: 12288:nxyBBxQ7jjeIrqwy1etufjN10WGVU6uNQoGzli+:+xyjjeeql1etufjTPGy6uWlzli+type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright(C) 2009-2013 Bandisoft.com, All rights reserved.FileVersion: 184.108.40.2061CompanyName: BandisoftComments: Bandicam Setup File (2013-02-12 ?? 2:53:03)ProductName: BandicamFileDescription: Host Manager for Windows ProcessTranslation: 0x0437 0x0000
TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Injector.BFO|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
How to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove TrojanSpy:Win32/VB.EI you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)