Seeing the TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM detection name usually means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some unusual steps that must be done as soon as possible.
TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It frequently shows up after the preliminary activities on your PC – opening the suspicious e-mail, clicking the banner in the Web or setting up the program from dubious resources. From the instance it appears, you have a short time to act before it starts its destructive action. And be sure – it is much better not to await these harmful actions.
What is TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM virus?
TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your computer, encrypts it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this virus also does a ton of harm to your system. It modifies the networking settings in order to stop you from looking for the removal tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. In rare cases, TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM can even stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM ransomware actions in the infected PC are next:
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk drive — so the victim cannot check these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is difficult to picture a more damaging virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms utilized in TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these bad things immediately – it can require up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM detection is a clear signal that you should begin the elimination process.
Where did I get the TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM?
Standard tactics of TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM spreading are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing websites where victims are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite modern tactic in malware distribution – you receive the email that mimics some normal notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions modifications. Inside of the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks quite easy, but still demands tons of focus. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is better to stop it even before it invades your system than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Basic cybersecurity knowledge is just an important thing in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of time and money which you would spend while trying to find a solution.
TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM malware technical details
File Info:name: 04A00BDCCDFA14517830.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/f3e637820e48643ae5356ef2a378fd7ff2cfc453574e4d37e679f164a3f95300crc32: 4C53C395md5: 04a00bdccdfa145178306427d22cacd3sha1: 6d532f291f31a52364c04aefbf58771d47ecf802sha256: f3e637820e48643ae5356ef2a378fd7ff2cfc453574e4d37e679f164a3f95300sha512: b18b548ababe1ad60f43fe8b7b70d9c85bc5146083b506856b5b168e142772ddd6c334639a5119c69238784a785a81e7f7a2b07c9cfd0386b61408c3cf7d6b23ssdeep: 384:KJZMWceEtSTK2zNRZJhjJwKwV1NbYfX6mOlsHdh5WcvnRR:gMWZnKQtpwKwZbct9n5WYtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1C7E29EB3D52A84F2EBB2073BD92C41178B5107D663D7B118FD3A3E5F88247C4582869Asha3_384: ac7089e1371afa68b8a4a554fae0aff43ea08b179aafc6f1b6df0cca493eeb2a7eea9dfe5e2cc00d3716f824814f5d15ep_bytes: e9260000000000224770000000470000timestamp: 2008-03-27 01:26:36
Version Info:0: [No Data]
TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000011 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000011 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.ADD|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM?
TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM malware is extremely difficult to eliminate manually. It stores its data in several places throughout the disk, and can get back itself from one of the parts. In addition, various modifications in the windows registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are really hard to find and revert to the initial. It is better to utilize a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for virus removal purposes.
Remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing TrojanDropper:Win32/Agent.UM and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)