Seeing the TrojanDownloader.Smoke detection means that your system is in big danger. This virus can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
TrojanDownloader.Smoke detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It usually shows up after the preliminary actions on your computer – opening the suspicious email, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or setting up the program from unreliable sources. From the instance it shows up, you have a short time to act before it begins its malicious activity. And be sure – it is far better not to await these malicious things.
What is TrojanDownloader.Smoke virus?
TrojanDownloader.Smoke is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the documents on your disk, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your files inaccessible, this virus also does a ton of harm to your system. It alters the networking settings in order to stop you from checking out the removal guidelines or downloading the anti-malware program. In rare cases, TrojanDownloader.Smoke can additionally block the setup of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, TrojanDownloader.Smoke virus actions in the infected system are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Uzbek (Latin);
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Spoofs its process name and/or associated pathname to appear as a legitimate process;
- CAPE detected the Loki malware family;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware apps
Ransomware has actually been a headache for the last 4 years. It is difficult to realize a more damaging malware for both individuals and corporations. The algorithms used in TrojanDownloader.Smoke (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these terrible things instantly – it may require up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Hence, seeing the TrojanDownloader.Smoke detection is a clear signal that you must begin the removal procedure.
Where did I get the TrojanDownloader.Smoke?
General ways of TrojanDownloader.Smoke distribution are common for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite new strategy in malware distribution – you get the e-mail that simulates some normal notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions updates. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks quite uncomplicated, but still needs tons of focus. Malware can hide in various places, and it is far better to prevent it even before it invades your system than to rely on an anti-malware program. General cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That may save you a lot of time and money which you would spend while searching for a solution.
TrojanDownloader.Smoke malware technical details
File Info:name: FDB09024F86DF69C1F6E.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/8dd0b5059551b78544f6bec6010e8bf21c45a4a49fecb2bcbd87775e1f3fab51crc32: 95B0D1A9md5: fdb09024f86df69c1f6e5a6a4807249asha1: b7bb1b7ab19b23dd7087b79b57c83400e90f9047sha256: 8dd0b5059551b78544f6bec6010e8bf21c45a4a49fecb2bcbd87775e1f3fab51sha512: 70f02c962ab5867d98e2cdf37f75e3f9b683ac725725f6f2a8e65eb750a21744f4b9f0fc919a823d45c24850fa4a03164fe2711767c31868968aca2ee85f8a75ssdeep: 6144:rnk39eV3CicL1/I0FrSiO67FLZyy8svwrIId6yz4Cqb:7k3D5JI0F+iOcy5awbd6yztype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T170648C10BB90D434F1B746F449BAC26ABA2A7DA15B2451CB72CC6AEE77346D0DC30B47sha3_384: 19ddf77ad889944f7e26a07161e33e8b3ef27666201732c089a5bd76f30845cf825648103c73f27b6c79cb51557d28c1ep_bytes: 8bff558bece896c40000e8110000005dtimestamp: 2021-09-01 23:30:16
Version Info:0: [No Data]
TrojanDownloader.Smoke also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0059398b1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0059398b1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove TrojanDownloader.Smoke?
TrojanDownloader.Smoke malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate manually. It puts its files in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. In addition, numerous alterations in the windows registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are pretty hard to find and change to the original. It is much better to make use of a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for virus removal purposes.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its databases updated practically every hour. Moreover, it does not have such bugs and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for taking out malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)