What is Trojan:BAT/Banker.F infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate concerning the interpretation of Trojan:BAT/Banker.F and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Trojan:BAT/Banker.F infection will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers located on the target’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels where Trojan:BAT/Banker.F Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the tool from working in a correct fashion – while also putting a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or recovering the file system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Trojan:BAT/Banker.F circulation networks.
In different edges of the world, Trojan:BAT/Banker.F expands by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending upon particular local (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on certain regional (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful web content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Trojan:BAT/Banker.F popup alert may incorrectly declare to be originating from a police establishment as well as will report having situated youngster pornography or various other prohibited information on the device.
Trojan:BAT/Banker.F popup alert may falsely declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and also will report having situated child porn or other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: F0AD1195md5: 1546f74b4d03a8a65be26f6640a7f0e4name: 1546F74B4D03A8A65BE26F6640A7F0E4.mlwsha1: c2ab5eb528161d076a817e7715cb5cde8517b539sha256: bb934749f37b6d66ae41247b45cf5c872c098aba4191de4f0d324d059e902487sha512: 36510b685bf39c069c6a7365e5d49f6a51f91175bf28ac77c2177b57b2a8ba1b09899bd54546ba51737b4feb7b851165799c4d153986d11c134fc618f0dbb9cbssdeep: 384:BN5r9sOcIp6wRcsSYLvKWLWbstQTid6HJyraXkqdkJ7PNWoEnfObnMaNJawcudo:35mOhplcsHvKWzX6HJmFqda7kouGnbctype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan:BAT/Banker.F also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
How to remove Trojan:BAT/Banker.F virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:BAT/Banker.F files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:BAT/Banker.F you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/