What is Trojan.Zenpak infection?
In this post you will certainly find regarding the meaning of Trojan.Zenpak and also its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Trojan.Zenpak infection will advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the function of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the victim’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks through which Trojan.Zenpak are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from functioning in a correct fashion – while also positioning a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or bring back the documents system back to the first problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Trojan.Zenpak circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Trojan.Zenpak expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending upon specific local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Trojan.Zenpak popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located child pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool.
Trojan.Zenpak popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated child porn or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise contain a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 25ED77E5md5: 092e365f3f2df080da2ca314b0b3003dname: upload_filesha1: 9847356d5c2384e0821908dabaab21794a3b75fbsha256: 85c5b612beba1237918ab1f4de82db0821fab5074f941b50ba7b6667639e30f5sha512: 6985f4403ab5961dfe6d2a445b2ae89d64bc05b5226db371fa71b19dce956c2de58901604c484134841d14a8fa76eac513ddd376a6787f9a628d1ba97dcddb82ssdeep: 12288:ivx/AE63QEFGt4zGoCJH4xZmTBxVWbv+OE5Uh:ivx/AE63QUzB8AmjW3htype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 2009-2014 Safer-Networking Ltd. All rights reserved.FileVersion: 220.127.116.11CompanyName: Safer-Networking Ltd.LegalTrademarks: Spybotxae and Spybot - Search & Destroyxae are registered trademarks.ProductName: Spybot - Search & DestroyProductVersion: 18.104.22.168FileDescription: Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner ServiceOriginalFilename: SDFSSvc.exeBuild: 20140425Translation: 0x1809 0x04e4
Trojan.Zenpak also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0056abdb1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056abdb1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HEWE|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Trojan.Zenpak virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Zenpak files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Zenpak you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)