Spectating the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef detection means that your computer is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – type of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some peculiar steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your system. It often shows up after the provoking actions on your computer – opening the dubious e-mail messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or setting up the program from untrustworthy resources. From the instance it appears, you have a short time to act until it starts its harmful action. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these harmful effects.
What is Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef virus?
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disk drives, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this virus additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It alters the networking settings in order to stop you from checking out the removal tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. Sometimes, Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef can even block the setup of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef malware activities in the infected computer are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates the modules from a process (may be used to locate base addresses in process injection);
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Bulgarian;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- CAPE detected the RedLine malware family;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Encrypting the documents kept on the victim’s disk drives — so the victim cannot use these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a headache for the last 4 years. It is difficult to imagine a more harmful malware for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms used in Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. But that malware does not do all these unpleasant things immediately – it can require up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef detection is a clear signal that you must begin the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef?
General tactics of Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef distribution are common for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing web pages where victims are offered to download and install the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a relatively modern tactic in malware distribution – you receive the e-mail that imitates some routine notifications about shipments or bank service conditions modifications. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing page.
Avoiding it looks quite easy, however, still demands tons of awareness. Malware can hide in various spots, and it is better to stop it even before it gets into your system than to depend on an anti-malware program. Simple cybersecurity knowledge is just an important item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That may save you a great deal of time and money which you would certainly spend while searching for a solution.
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef malware technical details
File Info:name: 0A97E84BC07E75309622.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/1a44c1b5ec53ee57392412243627b6e5b10b82e9418803e265d73cbc4bb245dfcrc32: 02A80E7Dmd5: 0a97e84bc07e753096220c5bb1eab9d2sha1: 31e80c7922fab57aa147c47343f85eb630152ec9sha256: 1a44c1b5ec53ee57392412243627b6e5b10b82e9418803e265d73cbc4bb245dfsha512: de9aa28a1e5c9174f4c4707dbb425f3f9b8d69cceabd16d53d98594a683e4da5acb497e65b767401e90f9647f59cc984fbba2727c888b762c36dee020df80b77ssdeep: 6144:xAIlcI8dRoocJnz+X3/SAxXzr9Gun4OX7p/R3rDyFFByK7ITsqwvf:xflcI8cosmbz7ZX9hreFFBL7ptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T122A4E1D136A2D8B2C1527C7298A1CF919B7EF431DEB498477339172E9F253C0DA2670Asha3_384: f6b28e65db0d2549a51929eba6d48509addf38fc0abfe9632438e6af9d8cedf79e86c8014bbb1bd6a4600e442f786729ep_bytes: e8675b0000e978feffffcccccccccccctimestamp: 2020-11-19 13:05:35
Version Info:InternationalName: bomgvioci.iwaCopyright: Copyrighz (C) 2021, fudkortProjectVersion: 220.127.116.11Translation: 0x0129 0x0794
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 0056acbc1 )|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 0056acbc1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef?
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Stealer.pef malware is very hard to remove by hand. It puts its files in several locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, a number of changes in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are fairly hard to discover and change to the initial. It is better to utilize a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for virus elimination goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really lightweight and has its databases updated nearly every hour. In addition, it does not have such problems and exploits as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these details makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for clearing away malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)