What is Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb infection?
In this short article you will discover regarding the meaning of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb and also its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the cases, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb virus will certainly instruct its victims to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (6 unique times);
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Turkish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels where Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or prevent the tool from operating in a correct way – while likewise putting a ransom money note that points out the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending upon certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb popup alert might incorrectly assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having situated kid porn or various other unlawful information on the device.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful information on the device. The alert will likewise contain a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 75F56484md5: edbf6a4aa66c9d31028c7e4653cb1576name: EDBF6A4AA66C9D31028C7E4653CB1576.mlwsha1: aae9c02cecffdf943f1ed7e49ff9c893ff35e79csha256: 6c0fe4f6482a4fe3831cea8f30a533892e92f98d0db0395d8737af8e3121ef6dsha512: 5a8c77a3facc4a42c39d3ffa5be8634d32f8574b0791b095b1dda2354544bfdfccd182bfb817aa7dfd7668f83d0a0c7a879f53a0110e351df8498173026e8e3essdeep: 3072:K+lJt0MB25+O4rXIWYu1gM1Y4+/tsVMxXB363Ev40j4p0:K+lJt0jDeuFsVaRqU/ji0type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:InternalName: tgabhryj.exeFileVersion: 4.5.8Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053c42f1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053c42f1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GKQW|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.GandCrypt.etb you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)