What is Trojan.Ramnit infection?
In this article you will discover about the definition of Trojan.Ramnit and also its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the cases, Trojan.Ramnit virus will advise its targets to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Trojan.Ramnit Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that hosts a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the gadget from operating in a proper manner – while also placing a ransom note that discusses the need for the victims to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan.Ramnit circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Trojan.Ramnit expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ relying on particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal material.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Trojan.Ramnit popup alert might incorrectly declare to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful data on the tool.
Trojan.Ramnit popup alert may incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 46D36506md5: 28937d03af78d36b881652b21db8586ename: 28937D03AF78D36B881652B21DB8586E.mlwsha1: 0fdf0a7af5d16399a821f5b24ec8644dcc7fecc5sha256: 5943564ab3d38d4a9a0df32352dd5d2b04ccb76294e68a5efcbad5745d397de3sha512: 389a39af729c407efe2a404ba408aea4285914bac171e98e1a3fed5a559f6d101fdf765428a317b6e509c7c4f4906fb9e59cdc9f63017105543812243c60d1b2ssdeep: 3072:L73CkTtm5bZMWp4uZ0Hi0hsmTG7Alwrs6n6bdbx1r6AQOUn4Ys/XD78FiJbLamK:LZTIHMiZ0HY7nB6bdLrtBvD7NIOtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.Ramnit also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0056f0621 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0056f0621 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GABT|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/EncPk-AOP|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Trojan.Ramnit virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Ramnit files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Ramnit you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/