What is Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer infection?
In this post you will certainly find regarding the definition of Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer as well as its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer infection will instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (6 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Farsi;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records located on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks through which Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a source that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the gadget from functioning in a correct way – while likewise putting a ransom note that mentions the need for the victims to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain local (local) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a police establishment and will report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful data on the device.
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer popup alert may wrongly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located kid pornography or various other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way consist of a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5B5FA378md5: a2eba5dc176f110dd7f3658fe3efa3a5name: A2EBA5DC176F110DD7F3658FE3EFA3A5.mlwsha1: 81f10260bd4e31981d53316968ac1e155b87cdc0sha256: e9da1da3a4fb2050b9b17f5dbb1dd5f334f22637fc8186052d152cc631839f9bsha512: 81ee6fea7fbba78aa90a418a93b508742c6238ffe5b3ff23e8bd149e10f2e9a72a37cad9442a9156a9c23b7b9627406d9f1c05f813a766b9bd5cf01cfa97fcd0ssdeep: 6144:j1QD2Qq01XrQuh3/EUOor9dE4nF72n3R7rGEGQqfK:mD2QF1bQm/TOor/Ei7QB4ftype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:ProductVersus: 22.214.171.124FileVersion: 126.96.36.199Translations: 0x0386 0x01d6
Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057bdbf1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057bdbf1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKRO|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/GandCrypt-A|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
How to remove Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan-PSW.Win32.Racealer you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)