What is Trojan.Nymaim.Generic infection?
In this article you will certainly discover concerning the meaning of Trojan.Nymaim.Generic and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Trojan.Nymaim.Generic ransomware will instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Nymaim malware;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Trojan.Nymaim.Generic Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from functioning in a proper way – while likewise positioning a ransom note that points out the need for the victims to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the file system back to the first problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan.Nymaim.Generic distribution channels.
In different edges of the globe, Trojan.Nymaim.Generic expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount may differ relying on specific regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Trojan.Nymaim.Generic popup alert may falsely claim to be originating from a police institution as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other illegal information on the device.
Trojan.Nymaim.Generic popup alert might wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child porn or other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 755BA149md5: d150e7d4f97c2bedfd131054af06c569name: D150E7D4F97C2BEDFD131054AF06C569.mlwsha1: be4d61dcf3f834a550ac5c25d4e08613fd48794bsha256: 7330aebdf3119c2f62b9e72516aaff2b5ac8921ed025b1e437e0332abac17cc3sha512: ca99b746c72e9e8bdd6fbfca2d340e78af7e9759c7fc9c3f49841bb2873ef8a5dc6276e91748a8aa6241687fe51b37c1f4fa3dd2b4abf0e88ebc94197e49d1c1ssdeep: 24576:ZrA3wmeRNi6qcyIyYxm+PTkx5TVyGZDAdp3yyip:ZE3yRNJqhInSTlSEtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Trojan.Nymaim.Generic also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053aa141 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053aa141 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GHGL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=94)|
How to remove Trojan.Nymaim.Generic virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Nymaim.Generic files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Nymaim.Generic you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)