What is Trojan.Kelihos infection?
In this article you will certainly find concerning the interpretation of Trojan.Kelihos and also its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Trojan.Kelihos infection will advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Trojan.Kelihos are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a resource that hosts a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or avoid the tool from working in an appropriate manner – while additionally placing a ransom money note that points out the demand for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the records or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Trojan.Kelihos circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Trojan.Kelihos expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary relying on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom amount may differ depending on specific neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s tool. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful material.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Trojan.Kelihos popup alert may falsely claim to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and will report having located child porn or other unlawful information on the device.
Trojan.Kelihos popup alert may falsely declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated child porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 7CBF8F05md5: bfb3f5c23087bdf0dcfccb4a7b7a62aaname: BFB3F5C23087BDF0DCFCCB4A7B7A62AA.mlwsha1: 74ae2bcfcadbb1f75f768dddd54e717cc5a2722fsha256: 4a28f1747fb01ef26cfa23e41e5ad436908e9a39ec4babebd41d4fcde47b6bfdsha512: 639336c7d50d4d7bc8a07e065fc01a0dea3fc7e7df3746f5300750b51c45891b04adf886390718f0c8b9883646606f7cc0c02658e988f9e5ec0ee4db34c6d791ssdeep: 6144:UNjAZOiPFeoJipVP3ARnq3srMG7XFu3NNPPDWP0W20KGZKyjIB9vsLwzErj:kMjEoJiPAC+MYu/PLWP0BeK689vSwzEHtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2005-2012 Oleg N. ScherbakovInternalName: 7ZSfxModFileVersion: 22.214.171.12412CompanyName: Oleg N. ScherbakovPrivateBuild: December 30, 2012ProductName: 7-Zip SFXProductVersion: 126.96.36.19912FileDescription: 7z Setup SFX (x86)OriginalFilename: 7ZSfxMod_x86.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Trojan.Kelihos also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3f51 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3f51 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious SFX|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove Trojan.Kelihos ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Kelihos files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Kelihos you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)