What is Trojan.Agent.MTA infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the meaning of Trojan.Agent.MTA as well as its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the cases, Trojan.Agent.MTA virus will certainly advise its targets to launch funds move for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Starts servers listening on 0.0.0.0:23963, 127.0.0.1:39577, :0;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates Zeus (Banking Trojan) mutexes;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Harvests credentials from local FTP client softwares;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the target can no longer use the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks through which Trojan.Agent.MTA Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or protect against the gadget from operating in a proper way – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the requirement for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the papers or restoring the data system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
Trojan.Agent.MTA circulation networks.
In different corners of the world, Trojan.Agent.MTA grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on specific regional (regional) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Trojan.Agent.MTA popup alert may falsely assert to be stemming from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or other unlawful information on the device.
Trojan.Agent.MTA popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution and will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the device. The alert will likewise include a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 01365D76md5: 5fc42927c18aee7cd674b1a327d01a1fname: 5FC42927C18AEE7CD674B1A327D01A1F.mlwsha1: 884a0854c3503205dadae18080f5380850d4cbc9sha256: 93cc8642484d6cfb677f05303ef182b4ee70ecabf99ed800fb038058f0a4d38esha512: e185ff6c2284447b4654f646cdc28557389bb519307b80dde4d45b573cfb58e92fade615d931c32ef98147152bc6f638c7735d46bbd7ddae36bbef9de83769e3ssdeep: 12288:5SCwjFyIi0AcWIdk/XD4Vo/S0DXWiajQmPs4QT/ysYj2dh6/hkkMtzl49a:/+yFjcW9/kR0Dq8mEf/I2dqLM1l3type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: xyh1dj$2ihj6kjyAssembly Version: 22.214.171.124InternalName: fddddssssss.exeFileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: bw$b$dlu2cctmpsLegalTrademarks: u fd 3 phComments: SetupProductName: w1zl2y5intniProductVersion: 188.8.131.52FileDescription: s%zortwc 5mfp1nOriginalFilename: fddddssssss.exe
Trojan.Agent.MTA also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.BIJ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/MSIL-CVN|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
How to remove Trojan.Agent.MTA ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan.Agent.MTA files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan.Agent.MTA you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)