What is Symmi.66021 infection?
In this article you will locate concerning the interpretation of Symmi.66021 and its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Symmi.66021 virus will certainly instruct its targets to start funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s device.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Enumerates user accounts on the system;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Cerber ransomware;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- EternalBlue behavior. Allows cyber threat actors to remotely execute arbitrary code and gain access to a network by sending specially crafted packets.
This is has made EternalBlue trick popular with various malware, such as Trickbot, a modular banking trojan, as well as CoinMiner and WannaMine, crypto miners that use the EternalBlue exploit in order to gain access to computing power to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels where Symmi.66021 Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the target’s computer or avoid the device from working in a correct fashion – while likewise putting a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the victims to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Symmi.66021 distribution channels.
In various edges of the globe, Symmi.66021 grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom amount may differ depending upon specific local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending on specific neighborhood (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Symmi.66021 popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement organization and will report having situated youngster porn or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Symmi.66021 popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 00FF2736md5: bd69abfb77153621a7bfa07422d23f7ename: BD69ABFB77153621A7BFA07422D23F7E.mlwsha1: 0743171c031bab71962fd5ba1c11e50712216f9csha256: 541faf7fdf5ce3c524250b628c96a682f821463e615fdf26162f8e200730e74asha512: a069bd7d64b1f415e570e209e930631bd2c9d261fabf20250dc1ced2c64c48b36109e29e1f6df3a28d3b743c602fd8117cf8f9a89bd3c6a3bf83d924640f8540ssdeep: 6144:fJjp1N8WFC/QS8Vsw6MsDJQLTFdlynmehbqFiIn3/35VbxLB:rbtVsdFudlyIHf5Vbtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright Quoin Whush PlusInternalName: prechoseFileVersion: 11.1CompanyName: Quoin Whush PlusProductName: prechose encounteringProductVersion: 11.1FileDescription: prechose comptoniteOriginalFilename: prechose.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Symmi.66021 also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004f27fc1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004f27fc1 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=96)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FACZ|
How to remove Symmi.66021 ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Symmi.66021 files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Symmi.66021 you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)