What is RAR/Agent.DF infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the meaning of RAR/Agent.DF and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the instances, RAR/Agent.DF virus will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Nanocore RAT;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk — so the victim can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels where RAR/Agent.DF are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the tool from functioning in a correct way – while also placing a ransom note that discusses the demand for the targets to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or recovering the data system back to the initial condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
RAR/Agent.DF circulation channels.
In various corners of the globe, RAR/Agent.DF grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain local (local) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the RAR/Agent.DF popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated kid porn or various other illegal data on the device.
RAR/Agent.DF popup alert may incorrectly claim to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 770E0742md5: 0984d8481d809d2715214d220d5f3224name: 0984D8481D809D2715214D220D5F3224.mlwsha1: be4bfdae28308590b04709935794109a77d5eceesha256: f2597b91433ba86188dd0e53cf04d2c43d97f5231bc3077df18e75447f15c77csha512: 6d3bc4b24ea6b426890310a9ddaa27047ae4dbe983790d367889a1c5452d964e11c7a3d0ead8ff96cc7f27067ffa5c9f5925e75e1d7d994c8504b01b662ff2f9ssdeep: 24576:BAOcZpJdk843dd0aChdB45NNgo0UBXUUHhh:bIr4tWapHP0Uy2htype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
RAR/Agent.DF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005734f51 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005734f51 )|
How to remove RAR/Agent.DF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for RAR/Agent.DF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove RAR/Agent.DF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)