What is Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the interpretation of Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F and its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the situations, Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F infection will certainly instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks where Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a resource that hosts a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or stop the device from operating in an appropriate fashion – while also placing a ransom money note that states the requirement for the targets to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the initial problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F grows by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending upon certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited material.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this method is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a police establishment and will report having situated child porn or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F popup alert may falsely declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 010EF306md5: af2154a07b0c7a440c9aeac1ac596ebdname: AF2154A07B0C7A440C9AEAC1AC596EBD.mlwsha1: 291da4671e06b28dba00cf9c87b1098ed82acd94sha256: cfa654455f4235be59f68db6de566d66f49cc531d4ae824a8a2e01c1ff7d04bfsha512: d3a43035369569cc283a0ff8d6c5aef9fb629b469d9316db9531c2f454f97e139234616306bfde1de666eb768d26344e0866e7940f56468fd1011450e3e765d5ssdeep: 12288:J6ICbpn5viYlKBwvk1XHkzdbUziBJMQ8vXairNU:J6IynJg1XwRxMQiqtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: InternalName: Send Bug ReportFileVersion: 18.104.22.168CompanyName: IObit LegalTrademarks: IObitComments: ProductName: ProductVersion: 22.214.171.124FileDescription: Send Bug ReportOriginalFilename: Send Bug ReportTranslation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005224381 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FEOX|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Ransom-EJ|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Teerac.F you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)