Spectating the Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB detection usually means that your PC is in big danger. This virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – virus which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some peculiar steps that must be done as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your computer. It generally shows up after the provoking actions on your PC – opening the dubious e-mail, clicking the advertisement in the Web or setting up the program from untrustworthy sources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to take action before it starts its harmful action. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these harmful actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the documents on your disk drives, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this virus additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to avoid you from checking out the removal guidelines or downloading the antivirus. In rare cases, Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB can also stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB virus activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Sindhi;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- CAPE detected the Tofsee malware family;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Encrypting the documents located on the target’s drives — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is challenging to realize a more dangerous malware for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms used in Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these unpleasant things immediately – it can require up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Therefore, seeing the Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB detection is a clear signal that you should start the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB?
Common tactics of Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB spreading are usual for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download and install the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a quite modern strategy in malware spreading – you get the e-mail that simulates some routine notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions changes. Inside of the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing site.
Avoiding it looks quite easy, but still demands a lot of attention. Malware can hide in different places, and it is far better to stop it even before it goes into your system than to depend on an anti-malware program. Basic cybersecurity awareness is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your interaction with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That may keep you a lot of time and money which you would certainly spend while trying to find a fixing guide.
Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 116098AFD5B532689333.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/84c13109b99023f3df4635c43ec8cf9f17f8223330e7d2384edf11d05bffbc03crc32: E918A4B7md5: 116098afd5b5326893338c311cf49efesha1: 5a9883b179eba6514afd164a904dcf42e84f2631sha256: 84c13109b99023f3df4635c43ec8cf9f17f8223330e7d2384edf11d05bffbc03sha512: 15c9bc11b80e66c1d5a08e2ee688e7ba8528ae1326989b8ae44391ddfc543a03eab0863aca1385990b00baf4cf0fa01496ab9ffefa665185252e2324dcb82b55ssdeep: 3072:hHBNJdiSzhhUooH4vVHJYBikwL8J9bYdBnnnITLxHzaYDGPscHuN5v5v5v5v5v5f:bvdiSNkH4vbYBikwK9bYDnWxHGYaEctype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1AEB6F980FBF2A044F2B7CA359B3299786737FCA6FD87826F1104569E18507415F8ABB1sha3_384: fc567510e12a392751ab91f937e59ec30d00d7429c1ea900a4022bd890caaff82aa6d77e4c5b0039b7cd3f48eccc6998ep_bytes: e8dd550000e989feffff578bc683e00ftimestamp: 2022-10-31 04:22:44
Version Info:InternalName: Octubrefestival.exeLegalTrademark1: ClavionLegalTrademarks2: GunshutOriginalFilename: Techniques.exeProductVersion: 126.96.36.199Translation: 0x0409 0x04e3
Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005ad2c51 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005ad2c51 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HVBP|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB malware is extremely difficult to erase manually. It puts its data in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Moreover, a number of alterations in the registry, networking settings and Group Policies are really hard to locate and return to the initial. It is better to use a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the most ideal for virus elimination reasons.
Remove Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Trojans as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Ransom:Win32/Stopcrypt.YAG!MTB and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
User Review( votes)