Spectating the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB detection usually means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It often appears after the provoking procedures on your computer – opening the dubious email messages, clicking the advertisement in the Web or mounting the program from unreliable sources. From the second it appears, you have a short time to act before it begins its destructive action. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these destructive actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the documents on your computer, ciphers it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this malware additionally does a lot of harm to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to prevent you from looking for the elimination articles or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB can also prevent the launching of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB ransomware activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Georgian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- CAPE detected the Tofsee malware family;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s drive — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-virus programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware programs
Ransomware has actually been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is challenging to imagine a more hazardous malware for both individual users and companies. The algorithms utilized in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. But that malware does not do all these horrible things immediately – it can require up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB detection is a clear signal that you should start the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB?
Typical methods of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB distribution are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing websites where victims are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a quite modern method in malware distribution – you receive the email that mimics some standard notifications about shipments or bank service conditions updates. Inside of the email, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Avoiding it looks quite easy, however, still requires tons of awareness. Malware can hide in different places, and it is better to stop it even before it gets into your computer than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Common cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential thing in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a computer remains on YouTube videos. That can keep you a great deal of money and time which you would certainly spend while seeking a fix guide.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 10CBD44BE53B6C9E1883.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/fdc66142f0d6e1c346f720539c850ca7a30c27d734771711ed50b33eb0782e66crc32: 19889D4Cmd5: 10cbd44be53b6c9e1883a165c7fb3314sha1: 45b4eb7538f2ed7fde6fa738080b7eecfa3a91d0sha256: fdc66142f0d6e1c346f720539c850ca7a30c27d734771711ed50b33eb0782e66sha512: 9fd53e3ca9201c498b3d493be7ccc2f2279d6bb66e7a010d7419095ae5d97846e89a8576c4c819f1d2372b3510fc256b1dd3273213b8c2d17f532537e74072e5ssdeep: 6144:N2FQtMv7x95GyqL8vIUyi1DLrBrwVfquS0:wFgaT5GyqL8AFiFBdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1CE44C021B692C8B1C4052270C466CFA15BBEECF5596486473BA81B9F6FE32C056B731Fsha3_384: 27b36b9de90400711d6853056c7eae72e7aed99174fad0e8c536b978021784a630ca4a5cb746ebe5e0a5048591dabeb7ep_bytes: e81a530000e978feffff5859870424fftimestamp: 2021-09-14 18:40:01
Version Info:FileVersions: 126.96.36.199InternationalName: povgwaoci.iweCopyright: Copyright (C) 2022, somoklosProjectVersion: 188.8.131.52
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HRCO|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDML:lG8OXpXLnOpPh16JGV1/UQ)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SS!MTB malware is extremely hard to remove by hand. It stores its documents in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the elements. Furthermore, various changes in the windows registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are really hard to discover and revert to the original. It is much better to make use of a special tool – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for malware removal goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is pretty lightweight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Moreover, it does not have such problems and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for taking out malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)