Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB malware detection means that your PC is in big danger. This virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – virus which encrypts your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It often appears after the provoking procedures on your computer – opening the untrustworthy email messages, clicking the advertisement in the Web or setting up the program from unreliable sources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to take action until it begins its harmful action. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these malicious things.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disks, encrypts it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this malware also does a lot of harm to your system. It alters the networking setups in order to avoid you from reading the elimination guides or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB can additionally prevent the launching of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB ransomware activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- HTTPS urls from behavior.;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Behavioural detection: Transacted Hollowing;
- CAPE detected the STOP malware family;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Creates a known STOP-Djvu ransomware decryption instruction / key file.;
- Creates a known STOP ransomware variant mutex;
- STOP ransomware command line behavior detected;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s disks — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a horror story for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more dangerous virus for both individual users and businesses. The algorithms utilized in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these bad things without delay – it may take up to several hours to cipher all of your files. Thus, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB detection is a clear signal that you have to start the elimination process.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB?
Usual tactics of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB spreading are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download and install the free program, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a pretty modern tactic in malware distribution – you receive the email that mimics some regular notifications about shipments or bank service conditions shifts. Inside of the email, there is an infected MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks fairly uncomplicated, however, still demands a lot of attention. Malware can hide in different places, and it is far better to prevent it even before it goes into your PC than to rely upon an anti-malware program. General cybersecurity knowledge is just an essential item in the modern-day world, even if your interaction with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a great deal of time and money which you would spend while searching for a fixing guide.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 2005D79A17CCAD864225.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/8a31e620b013c17942f55c923c84a5f8c8640321da9386994e529901b858f2becrc32: A81C25CAmd5: 2005d79a17ccad864225bec01e397bcfsha1: ac86f93548c767db384f79f2610e133b36dcd613sha256: 8a31e620b013c17942f55c923c84a5f8c8640321da9386994e529901b858f2besha512: 17072273ae29dfc525bd25c4636c262c62c7f2c408822b756f97792a120cf05762bfdc802dc445e0d34288c4ae236909989db56cbee8ce184663dce84279d2e0ssdeep: 12288:MUAaODxPXTT4Ak1tJv8BdoCWHcj4/ykoxZjg5dYT+QMuntg7:M1xjBdRWkHxZM5dYMu2type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T12AF412D132A0D13FC17AAA707822E2E665E13D12D1616A8737463F6E3F305902FFD696sha3_384: 25a3e40b72aff78871d746face51a8bacb2d451073ffb2d4637fc9596e7f2765a745ef399cf5edd76ec20f296ab56067ep_bytes: e8f4370000e978feffff8bff558bec83timestamp: 2021-04-03 14:46:16
Version Info:Translations: 0x0179 0x00aa
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HQXW|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SK!MTB malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate manually. It puts its documents in multiple locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the elements. In addition, countless modifications in the windows registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are pretty hard to locate and revert to the original. It is far better to make use of a special program – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for malware removal goals.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its databases updated practically every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such problems and weakness as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for getting rid of malware of any type.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)