Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB malware detection usually means that your system is in big danger. This malware can correctly be identified as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some peculiar steps that must be done as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It often shows up after the preliminary actions on your computer – opening the dubious email, clicking the advertisement in the Internet or installing the program from dubious sources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to do something about it until it begins its harmful activity. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these harmful actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the documents on your disk, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this malware also does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to avoid you from looking for the elimination guides or downloading the antivirus. In some cases, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB can also stop the launching of anti-malware programs.
In summary, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB malware activities in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Georgian;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Behavioural detection: Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- CAPE detected the Tofsee malware family;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Encrypting the files kept on the target’s disk — so the victim cannot open these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware programs
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus apps
Ransomware has actually been a headache for the last 4 years. It is challenging to picture a more hazardous malware for both individual users and corporations. The algorithms used in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB (usually, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these terrible things instantly – it can take up to a few hours to cipher all of your documents. Therefore, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB detection is a clear signal that you must begin the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB?
Usual ways of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB injection are typical for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing websites where users are offered to download and install the free software, so-called bait e-mails and hacktools. Bait emails are a pretty new strategy in malware distribution – you receive the e-mail that mimics some routine notifications about shippings or bank service conditions updates. Inside of the email, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty uncomplicated, however, still demands tons of attention. Malware can hide in various places, and it is better to stop it even before it gets into your computer than to rely upon an anti-malware program. General cybersecurity awareness is just an essential thing in the modern-day world, even if your interaction with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can save you a great deal of time and money which you would certainly spend while searching for a fixing guide.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 7E7E4DC4643825C59181.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/394343e162cde20e8453fcdd5e3ce14ac0b6893a25fe4f7d23e6f3d10a2f925ecrc32: 53B74222md5: 7e7e4dc4643825c59181445d03c63c27sha1: b44bb464a1ecb92b8f9b87bdc110054c4b0d3968sha256: 394343e162cde20e8453fcdd5e3ce14ac0b6893a25fe4f7d23e6f3d10a2f925esha512: 7a866bda2001b039918728727eb79946f41a85e05de4b562747c6b93880cc57faa669fa131e3aab974f95769d959b2fb7cde2b22990c6aa42de01cf4855128afssdeep: 3072:8jRqKNFWoqlNrDW65LawqY1rvylE6FlKzGrRu542Pv:Cq9N3tJ1rvKE6/SGrR12type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1CDB63A3386B64425D2F5F63E729E3B60CFBD98BA83E4A6F6D21004D4853265B50ED84Fsha3_384: bc2f79cde4e93fb265d388bfa139e95edd663f600489c0e0670dc659fb62972d47e65422271a0b57cfdf2531869dbe67ep_bytes: e89a3e0000e978feffff8bff558bec83timestamp: 2021-11-13 04:44:46
Version Info:FileVersions: 188.8.131.52Copyright: Copyright (C) 2022, somoklosProjectVersion: 184.108.40.206
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HQSO|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SF!MTB malware is extremely difficult to erase manually. It puts its files in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, numerous modifications in the registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are quite hard to identify and change to the initial. It is better to utilize a special app – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for malware elimination objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very lightweight and has its detection databases updated nearly every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such problems and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these details makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware ideal for clearing away malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)