Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB malware detection usually means that your system is in big danger. This virus can correctly be named as ransomware – sort of malware which encrypts your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some specific steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It often shows up after the preliminary actions on your computer – opening the dubious email messages, clicking the banner in the Internet or mounting the program from untrustworthy resources. From the moment it shows up, you have a short time to act until it begins its harmful activity. And be sure – it is much better not to await these harmful effects.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disk drive, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for receiving the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this malware additionally does a lot of damage to your system. It changes the networking settings in order to stop you from looking for the elimination guides or downloading the anti-malware program. In rare cases, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB can even block the launching of anti-malware programs.
Summarizingly, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB virus actions in the infected computer are next:
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Behavioural detection: Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- CAPE detected the Tofsee malware family;
- Deletes executed files from disk;
- Attempts to interact with an Alternate Data Stream (ADS);
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Encrypting the files located on the target’s drive — so the victim cannot use these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of anti-malware apps
- Blocking the launching of installation files of security tools
Ransomware has been a nightmare for the last 4 years. It is difficult to realize a more damaging virus for both individuals and businesses. The algorithms utilized in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need a lot more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these terrible things instantly – it may require up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB detection is a clear signal that you need to begin the removal procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB?
Standard tactics of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB injection are usual for all other ransomware examples. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download the free program, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively new method in malware distribution – you get the email that imitates some standard notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions updates. Within the email, there is an infected MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks pretty easy, but still needs a lot of focus. Malware can hide in various places, and it is far better to stop it even before it goes into your PC than to rely on an anti-malware program. General cybersecurity knowledge is just an important item in the modern-day world, even if your relationship with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That may save you a lot of money and time which you would spend while looking for a fix guide.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: C8F7BA591CA362100A48.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/5c3963103fae99064610b846020946eda5b34c1f3361cc11b41c8396836bc4ebcrc32: A32829C2md5: c8f7ba591ca362100a48c1e267318f00sha1: 0e923ab942d30b3ab53d448f06edf867c3c3def1sha256: 5c3963103fae99064610b846020946eda5b34c1f3361cc11b41c8396836bc4ebsha512: 9d09db8e7914a44b779692cbeed4db37a1f8e97aa94a7e489f5a407e205bc815ff17127cc429e410373ee6e986e665ea04911dce8db0eb5789a430d8bc4aad0assdeep: 3072:L6ynLLNjXk006OuNf8DhownFVRjmbHMuubfE5Uq9hG02KJ:GKLLNDn062DFnFXK+fEuq9d2otype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T10154D0D17D91C072C90341B7D825CEE4AEBEBC6316A9899B3315377F2E307D2AB66205sha3_384: 053695e57d9d679f376e46929105af4ac4e2ea163a6b5e47fabd27dd31220ea8fad97dbfb026852f5ab1b0100c3fca9cep_bytes: e8e6350000e979feffff2da403000074timestamp: 2022-04-04 18:09:10
Version Info:FilesVersion: 220.127.116.11InternalNames: BlameProductionProductName: HyperTranslation: 0x0400 0x043b
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB also known as:
|Trojan ( 00516fdf1 )
|Trojan ( 00516fdf1 )
|malicious (high confidence)
|a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HSWQ
|Malicious (score: 100)
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|malware (ai score=83)
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.SAH!MTB malware is extremely hard to erase manually. It stores its documents in several locations throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the elements. Additionally, countless changes in the windows registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are fairly hard to discover and return to the initial. It is far better to utilize a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the best for virus removal reasons.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very lightweight and has its detection databases updated nearly every hour. Additionally, it does not have such bugs and exposures as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware perfect for getting rid of malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)