Spectating the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB detection means that your PC is in big danger. This virus can correctly be identified as ransomware – type of malware which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Removing it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your computer. It often shows up after the provoking actions on your computer – opening the suspicious email messages, clicking the advertisement in the Web or installing the program from suspicious sources. From the second it appears, you have a short time to act until it begins its destructive action. And be sure – it is much better not to await these malicious things.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the documents on your disk drive, ciphers it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your files locked, this malware additionally does a ton of damage to your system. It modifies the networking setups in order to avoid you from reading the removal guides or downloading the antivirus. In some cases, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB can even block the setup of anti-malware programs.
In total, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB malware actions in the infected system are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates the modules from a process (may be used to locate base addresses in process injection);
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Marathi;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- CAPE detected the RedLine malware family;
- Ciphering the documents kept on the victim’s disk drive — so the victim cannot check these files;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is difficult to imagine a more hazardous malware for both individuals and companies. The algorithms used in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need to have a lot more time than our galaxy already exists, and possibly will exist. However, that malware does not do all these terrible things instantly – it may take up to several hours to cipher all of your documents. Hence, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB detection is a clear signal that you have to begin the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB?
Ordinary ways of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB spreading are usual for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing web pages where users are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a pretty modern strategy in malware distribution – you get the e-mail that imitates some normal notifications about shipments or bank service conditions shifts. Within the e-mail, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a web link which opens the exploit landing page.
Preventing it looks pretty uncomplicated, but still needs tons of attention. Malware can hide in different places, and it is much better to prevent it even before it invades your PC than to rely upon an anti-malware program. Basic cybersecurity awareness is just an essential item in the modern-day world, even if your interaction with a PC remains on YouTube videos. That can save you a lot of money and time which you would spend while searching for a fixing guide.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 07FB6FD6F41A3C6E967A.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/e66dd39aa8ebaffa20764433121aecb424a107fcd4b65fc3bd8242f51a9f09d4crc32: 58605ED5md5: 07fb6fd6f41a3c6e967ac470578aa051sha1: 3e5af61a450559098de6add29b2524638deb04a9sha256: e66dd39aa8ebaffa20764433121aecb424a107fcd4b65fc3bd8242f51a9f09d4sha512: a8ec3bba05f6315f603fd008edb6c95e45ae030cb2a81cd9f3b6491d02aae9729fee7eae5f82c37c4c641f0720f4b79d65853f9cba42469dfa1db6da48eb2b58ssdeep: 6144:0Zw2sloNItnEHMdz2CisFtBeLtvVfdSWA927hQsz:o5sloNItEHMd29FVfd+Qe+type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T16C84F016B7F1D036F7F70A30597893A249FF78A3A679A94F2718060D1E612C15EB9323sha3_384: 2c2c39c4bdb5c1405cab6c7a982b220d24af03fe0c517de53de221050de3deadd9d6f9b54074eaefcde262efeeb67b99ep_bytes: e817310000e989feffff8bff51c701f0timestamp: 2021-09-03 02:44:26
Version Info:FileVersion: 126.96.36.199Copyrighz: Copyright (C) 2022, pazkarteProjectVersion: 188.8.131.52
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005923e21 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005923e21 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HPKZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBM!MTB malware is extremely difficult to erase manually. It places its data in numerous places throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the elements. Moreover, numerous modifications in the registry, networking settings and also Group Policies are pretty hard to identify and return to the original. It is much better to use a specific app – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for virus removal purposes.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its databases updated nearly every hour. Additionally, it does not have such bugs and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for getting rid of malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)